Monday, June 9, 2014
On Tuesday, I stayed after to began sandblasting the convertible top bracket. Being that both the convertible top and cabinet were both 29 in. wide, convertible barely fit into the sand blasting cabinet but, we found a way to make it fit. I was able to remove a lot of rust and paint even though I had limitation on space.
Monday, June 2, 2014
On Tuesday, Mr. Gamarra and I began to put the inner and outer cv joints back together on the audi. First, we had to clean any of the excess old grease from any components including: the outer race, ball bearings, and the roll pin. We also installed a new boot onto the shaft. We then began to align the spindle of the inner cv joint with that of the shaft, pressed the cv joint onto the shaft with a hydraulic press, and packed the cv joint with fresh grease provided with the new cv joint kit.
Saturday, May 24, 2014
Monday, May 19, 2014
On Friday, we had removed the engine from the chassis of the '69 beetle. In order to do this, we had to disconnect the throttle cable, remove the bolts from the transmission mounts, and disconnect the inner cv joints from the rear axle